Monday, August 17, 2009

Ya Hoo!!

Went to the second of my quilt classes and after the first one whenI was told" that to be a successfully machine quilter I needed a new machine " with my machine only three months old !! - I was not exactly looking forward to another day of failure - BUT To my great relief and excitement I discovered a trick that has made free motion quilting not only possible on my inexpensive Elna but positively enjoyable- the secret - I DO NOT NEED TO DROP MY FEED DOGS!!! - it gives me me great control and stops all the yucky looping that was happening on the back of my quilts everytime I tried free motion - And this simple trick - which all makes it all work out also worked for two of my fellow quilting members. So I am a very happy camper!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment